Pages

Monday 5 March 2012

Volkswagen, the car in my dreams


I'm the kind of person who takes comfort in knowing that when I put my key in the ignition, the engine starts, day after day without any hassles. I like a car that is reliable and looks after me when I'm on the road, a car that never fails me and gets me to my destination safely. Can you guess what car I drive? I even joke about the fact that my car looks like a Ferrari Berlinetta, even though a Ferrari doesn't come close.

People in the street look at my car in disbelief saying, "Wow, I want to drive a car like that". I reckon I drive one of the most popular cars on the road today, if not the most beautiful, not because the design is so stylish but rather because of what my car stands for. Attributes such as class, reliability and low maintenance are all part of the package.

I have been driving my car for close on ten years now and it has never really let me down with the exception of the odd flat tire or screeching fan belt. The odometer is close on 250 000 km, which means this car has seen a fair amount of the South African countryside and I am sure it will easily go for another 200 000 km, no problem.

When I close my eyes at night, I dream of driving a Ferrari, well not always but sometimes. When my eyes open in the morning I realise that I drive a Ferrari already, it’s just not as fast as a real Ferrari but probably more reliable. This may come as a surprise to many of you but I actually drive a Volkswagen Citi Golf Chico 1.3 . It feels good driving one of the most reliable cars in the world. You simply can't compare.      


No comments:

Post a Comment